Sunday 24 May 2009

We Did It!!!!!!

Well what a few days we have had. Thursday, Friday & Saturday was The Devon County Show and we had been asked to take part in Lauren's Devon Dog Agility display on Thurs & Fri. This is a wonderful opportunity for the dogs to work in front of lots of people, with loads of noise and things going on around them. Taz & Dylan were stars - not for their performance but for the fact that they were not bothered at all by the occasion. I was very proud of them both.

We were unable to go on Saturday as we had already entered an agility competition and what a day it turned out to be for us.

Dylan tried hard, he is doing very well but has a long way to go. Taz was his usual self - very enthusiastic but unable to do his weaves in the jumping (our 1st run). As agility came next I thought I would train his run - his contacts were very good and he ran past the weaves as expected just as they called time. So I left the ring with my nose in the air hoping that Taz thought he was leaving because he hadn't done the weaves as asked.

Then came the steeplchase which turns out to be a qualifier for the Dog Games Final at a big show in August. I watched the people go in front of me and they all handled it different to how I had planned - you question yourself then and think about changing but I decided to stick to my original plan. Boy am I glad I did. WE WON!!!!!!




Here is Taz with his 'red' rosette and goblet for winning the 'Dog Games' qualifer.



What a dog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment